Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I can't shake this flu...


I was so sick.  I had been vomiting every day, several times a day for about a week.  If I wasn't running to the bathroom I was laying on the couch unable to function as a result of this strange "June Flu."  This flu of mine was so severe that I had even called off work a few time in the last two weeks AND this flu was so body altering that I wasn't even getting my period.

And then it happened...in the shower that morning, the water hit my boobs!  Ouuuuuch!!!!  What kid of crazy flu makes your boobs hurt so bad that the shower water can't even touch them?

I think this would be a good time to pause, and explain to you that I was a 31 year old woman who had been married for 5 years.  You would think I would have recognized the symptoms of pregnancy sooner, but hey...a good dose of denial plays great tricks on our psyche uh?

It was at this time that I began to panic.  Pregnant?  How could that be?  We hadn't decided on having children, and certainly didn't plan for this...right now...!  I took my achy, big boobed...puking self to the drug store and bought not one, but three pregnancy tests.

As I was trying to pee on the stick, my hand was shaking so badly it is a good thing I bought three because I missed the target twice!  Yup, positive.  Little did I know in this moment of shock what I was in for, the next 9 (well 8 months).

It is safe to say I did not have an easy pregnancy!  This is the start of my mojo demise...

What were your first thought the moment you figured it out???  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment