Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cleanse Anyone?

Eating clean can be hard.  Throw in a couple of kids, a meat and potato eating husband, a full time job and a chaotic schedule in the mix... it becomes overwhelming.   Like anything else, with a strong commitment and the proper support it is not only possible, but easier then you may think.

I consider myself a healthy eater.  I have a been a vegetarian for 20 years and have recently been moving toward a vegan diet.  I make it a priority to eat clean, non-processed foods, but from time to time I slip up.  I don't slip up inhaling a hamburger, but by letting my sweet tooth and my busy schedule get the best of me.  Before I sat down to write this post, my stomach growled and I knew I had 40 minutes until my kids were counting on me to do an activity with them. In an attempt to squelch my hunger and keep an eye on the time, I didn't take 15 minutes to make something healthy, but I grabbed a few cookies!  Now I am sitting here, still hungry... wondering why I let my moment of weakness get the best of me.

Get my drift?  We have all been there.

What better time to recommit to eating clean then the end of summer?  Have you pigged out on vacation?  Attended too many BBQ? Drank too many fruity drinks in the sun?  If so...I would love for you to join me in this...

 OH SO GOOD FOR YOU CHALLENGE!

A dear client of mine turned me on to Baltimore Health Coach.  Although this company is based in Baltimore, all of their cleanses, classes and workshops are on-line and accessible anywhere.  They have tons of cool programs I am just starting to learn about as I just signed on as a member today.

I have been challenged to take their 7 day cleanse starting August 15th.

Game on!

What exactly is a cleanse?

Cleanses come in all sorts of varieties, but Baltimore Health Coach's cleanse is gentle and doable.  The cleanse I will partake in will eliminate:

  • Sugar & Sweets
  • Flour & Dairy
  • Caffeine & Alcohol
  • Soy, Corn & Gluten

Along with my commitment to the $149.00 cleanse, I will receive 3 weeks of support including:
  •   Menus, recipes and detailed instruction
  •   1-on-1 phone coaching sessions
  •   Group conference call            
              - Call #1: Preparation
              - Call #2: Mid-Cleanse Support
              - Call #3: Completion
              - Call #4: Transition

  •  Optional In-person potluck 
  •  Online forum & Facebook group for Q&A

I am psyched to get started on the cleanse and to jump right into this existing community of health experts.  I think this may be just what I need to keep me moving in a positive and holistically healthy direction.

P.S.  Baltimore Health Coach recommends that anyone doing the cleanse offer up something publicly if they don't complete it.  It should be something uncomfortable if I should have to do it.  He gave an example of publicly announcing I would donate money to a politician I despise.  That didn't really do it for me, but I am having trouble coming up with something that feels inspiring.

Any suggestions?  I am game for some high stakes...because I will complete this 7 day cleanse and LOVE IT!!!

Anyone else want to come along?

Because I believe in this (and I want some company)  I will throw in a 50 minute complimentary session for anyone who joins the challenge with me!

Who is jumping in?




No comments:

Post a Comment